See how general waste is turned into electricity to power 2,000 homes.
A visit includes:
A tour of the Mechanical Biological Treatment Facility
- Find out how we store methane gas in a bubble
- Find out why bacteria are very useful at cleaning the air as well helping us make electricity
- See how we make a lovely soup from some of the ingredients in your general waste bin.
A selection of tailored interactive activities
- Right Stuff Right Bin – Which bin is which?
- Rubbish to Resource – Where does it all go?
- One Earth – Why does it matter?
Visits are suitable for:
- Primary school classes (Year 3 and above)
- Guide and Scout groups (7 years old and above)
- Secondary and Higher Education students studying environmental and STEM subjects
- Further Education students studying environmental and STEM courses
- Adult community groups
Not in education or part of a community group?
You can still visit us on one of our Public Open Days! Visit our events page for dates available.